Hello! I’m excited to be part of a blog hop for Tonic Studios December release. This month they are releasing the Shoot for the Moon Stamp and Die Bundle which was inspired by Maria Willis. Read to the end for a chance to win! Let’s get some basic info out of the way first.
Some links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The monthly stamp release happens on the last Friday of every month unless there’s a holiday. It’s not a club or subscription based program but a small monthly stamp release. There’s a 6×8″ stamp and die set that contains 15 stamps and 11 dies, including 2 embossing plates. There’s limited stock available, so once it sells out, it gone for good.
These products are exclusive to Tonic Studios so you can’t get them anywhere else. They come in high quality plastic envelopes with a tab for labeling and binder holes on the side are compatible with the A5 Ringbinder Die Case in Duck Egg Blue and Orange.
1. Cut a large piece of watercolor paper into quarters or use pre cut pieces. Mine were 4 1/2” x 6” after cutting.
2. For each of three pieces, rub Distress Oxides on Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat. Spritz with water. Place one piece of watercolor paper on it.
3. Pick up paper and heat with a heat gun. Repeat this process several timesuntil you start to get a nice texture on your paper.
4. Splatter on some water then some of the distress oxide colors, white gouache and perfect pearls mixed with water. Allow to dry completely.
Distress Oxide Inks
4. Once dry, cut panel one to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”. Die cut panel 2 from the taller mountains. Die cut panel 3 from the large quarter moon.
5. Run panel 3 back through machine with an embossing mat to get the texture from the open circles. Blend a little Wild Honey Distress Oxide on the raised areas. You can see it in the photo above.
These dies come already separated so none of those annoying burs here! They cut very well too.
6. Add a little distress oxide color to the die cut edges.
7. Cut spare paper from panel 3 to place behind the openings in the moon. Add Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone to the remaining portion of panel 3. Die cut the stars from this panel once dry. You may need a metal shim and to run it through your machine a few times.
9. Adhere the moon with one layer of foam tape and the mountains with two layers.
10. Add stars throughout with liquid adhesive.
11. Add Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard throughout the background and along edges of mountain and moon.
12. Place panel on an A2 card base with a strong adhesive since it will be pretty warped.
One lucky winner will win a £50/$50 Giftcard to Tonic Studios and the Shoot for the Moon Bundle! To enter comment on every blog in the hop by 11:59pm PST on January 3, 2021. The winner will be announced on January 5th, 2021 on Instagram and Facebook so make sure you’re following all Tonic accounts!
Thanks for visiting!
Amber Rain Davis